- Sit on a large stability or yoga ball the correct size for your height (check the packaging).
- Mimic proper riding position, sitting up tall.
- Hold onto something for safety and support.
- Pick up your toes and let go.
- Practice finding the balance point.
- Five minutes a day is all you need.
- Stand on a balance cushion or board. The board can be as small as one foot square to as large as three feet square. Round is also good, but it is harder.
- Balance while standing up straight, knees slightly bent.
- Try standing on a foam roller.
- Use a teeter board. You’ll need a length of 1×8 and a piece of 2×4. Place the center of the board over the 2×4 placed on its narrow edge.
- Keep something close by to hang onto if necessary.